It’s a little secret weapon for post-procedure comfort and amplification of results.
What is Biocellulose?
Biocellulose, or microbial cellulose, is the byproduct of a special bacteria that feed on coconut water and excretes cellulose. Originally developed for use in biomedical fields, this organic fiber has a diameter of only 20 nanometers – 1000 times thinner than human hair, and is used as artificial skin to soothe burns, in dressings to treat wounds, and also in other surgical disciplines such as reconstructive surgery.
• Biocellulose is extremely hydrophilic, or “water loving.” Fabrics made of these fibers have an amazing fluid-holding capacity of up to 100 times their dry weight.
• Biocellulose has a very high degree of crystallinity, which is another way of saying that the micro-fibers in bio cellulose fabrics are tightly intertwined and quite strong and resilient.
• Biocellulose is sterile, toxin-free, and extraordinarily pure.
Skin care experts and biochemists consider masks woven from bio cellulose to be the gold standard for hydrating and treating skin. These fabrics provide skin-tight dermal adhesion, allowing them to transfer cosmetic ingredients very efficiently. The texture of a biocellulose mask feels like a cool, moist gel, but its underlying structure is incredibly strong and resilient. The unique fibers distribute heat-reducing water to the skin barrier to provide immediate relief.
The SkinCeuticals Biocellulose Restorative Masque is for all skin type but perfect for sensitive or compromised post-procedure skin. It is gentle and nourishing to quickly restore your skin, giving you a healthy, radiant complexion. These masks are good for any skin type looking for a more hydrated look. And it’s perfect when traveling to dry climates. Clinically tested on compromised skin after laser procedures and chemical peels, this mask can also be used as a bi-weekly replenishing treatment.
• Acts as a protective barrier to alleviate discomfort while allowing for breathability
• Creates continuous cooling and soothing
• Replenishes and provides immediate relief to skin
• Reduces heat sensation caused by in-office treatments
The SkinCeuticals Biocellulose Restorative Mask is available at both of our locations, or use our product order form.