BOTOX® Cosmetic is a one-of-a-kind formulation created by a unique and proprietary manufacturing process. Even minor differences in botulinum toxin manufacturing processes can lead to variability in the final product – meaning potency and efficacy may not be completely ensured. Allergan owns the BOTOX® Cosmetic manufacturing and distribution process from start to finish. Control that eliminates possibility of variation if the final product. Hayes Valley Medical & Esthetics is proud to use this productm which is approaching 80 million vials distributed globally, all consistently adhering to rigorous quality and safety requirements for over thirty years.
The expert injectors at HVME have many years’ experience administering Botox and have gone through rigorous training for the most safe and effective use of this proprietary formulation of botulinum toxin.
The Process Is The Product
• Starting materials are different—BOTOX® Cosmetic has a proprietary cell bank.
• Oversight and expertise are critical for the production of BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA)
• All involved employees must be approved by US authorities to work with neurotoxin
• Testing for microbial and particulate contamination every 4 hours, 24 hours a day.
• Prior to filling, insides of vials are washed with water sanitized to “Water for Injection” standards to ensure vial sterility
• Secure, alarmed freezer storage with continuous temperature monitoring throughout shipping to ensure product is not compromised from plant to practice.
• Anti-counterfeit hologram on every vial assures it’s authentic BOTOX® Cosmetic.
• Every vial is 100% visually inspected.
Note that Botulinum toxins’ potency units cannot be compared nor converted according to their labeling. Therefore BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) units are not equal to Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) units which are not equal to units of Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA).
What about “Newtox”?
Jeuveau®, also marketed as Newtox, is the new competitor on the market. It is the first neurotoxin approved for aesthetic usage in nearly a decade. Both Botox and Juveaux have onabotulinumtoxinA as their key ingredient. Botox is the “gold standard” and Allergan’s proprietary cell bank ensures the purity and potency of the final product. Contrary to some anecdotal information on the web, there is no evidence that Juveaux is longer-lasting, nor does Juveaux’s official website claim this. We use Botox because of it’s proven track record and efficacy.