What is Bellafill®?
Bellafill® is a smooth collagen-based dermal filler with polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) microspheres. The collagen gel in Bellafill provides immediate volume and lift to correct the wrinkle/nasolabial fold and/or acne scar. The PMMA microspheres remain in place and create a base that provides structural support for smoother-looking skin.
Will it work for me?
In a clinical trial, Bellafill was shown to work equally well with all skin types, and in men and women. If you have had a positive reaction to the Bellafill Skin Test, have a history of severe allergies, have known bovine collagen allergies, are allergic to lidocaine, have bleeding disorders or are prone to thick scar formation and/or excessive scarring, you should not receive Bellafill.
Is it safe?
Bellafill has been proven safe through five years in the largest and longest prospective dermal filler study ever conducted.
What’s the downtime?
You can return to normal activities right away. You may experience temporary swelling, redness, pain, bruising, lumps/bumps, itching, and discoloration at the treatment site. These side effects are usually transient and typically resolve within one to seven days.
Who can receive treatment with Bellafill?
Patients must be 21 years of age or older, and receive the required negative skin test prior to treatment. In clinical studies, Bellafill was shown to work in all skin types, and in men and women. If you have had a positive reaction to the Bellafill Skin Test, have a history of severe allergies, have known bovine collagen allergies, are allergic to lidocaine, have bleeding disorders, or are prone to thick scar formation and/or excessive scarring, you should not receive Bellafill.
How much does Bellafill cost?
The cost of Bellafill varies depending on how many syringes are required to obtain optimal correction. We can personalize a treatment plan that fits your time and budget during your consultation.
How long does it last?
Satisfaction and effectiveness for the correction of nasolabial folds have been established through five years. Effectiveness for the correction of acne scars has been proven through twelve months.
Bellafill Acne Scar Correction
What is the physical and emotional impact of acne scars?
• Acne is the most common skin disorder in the U.S., affecting up to 40–50 million Americans.(1)
• A significant number of acne sufferers go on to develop devastating scarring. Physician and patient market research shows relatively low satisfaction with many treatments, and patients having to make trade-offs between efficacy, longevity, safety, downtime, and cost.(2)
• Scars are more than skin deep, and have been shown to cause high levels of anxiety and self-consciousness.(3)
• In an independent study 92% of people said if their acne scars were healed, it would restore or improve their self-confidence.(4)
With Bellafill, acne scar sufferers have a new treatment choice approved by the FDA that is proven to be safe and effective with minimal to no downtime.
1. American Academy of Dermatology, http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/conditions/acne#.
2. Data on file. Suneva Medical, Inc.
3. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2008, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1748681508003951.
3. Formula PR Independent Study, 2013.